Several months ago I took to Twitter and pitched a softball to the marketing, Commerce, and tourism departments of several communities. I simply asked, “what are the top 5 reasons for a young, ambitious family to move to ___.” Only one community played along. That little tweet ultimately helped us decide that Gilbert is a good fit for us.
For the last several years I have been working in Kingsport, TN and during my time here I have gotten to know many of the people who work for the city and our chamber. One of my favorite things about this community is how much the people here love their city. This is what prompted me to send that first tweet. I wanted to live somewhere like Kingsport.
I started following the social media of Gilbert back in May. I’ve seen their creativity, compassion, and sincere effort to serve their community members. It may seem crazy to choose a city based on something as silly as a tweet, but really it is based on the things we have seen since…
So, here are the top 5 reasons why we picked you, Gilbert:
1. It is important to us that our city is engaged and proactive.
2. It is important to us that our city remains relevant, willing to adapt, and enjoyable.
3. It is important to us that our tax dollars go toward a strong infrastructure as well as improving lives.
4. It is important to us that our city will partner with us in business and nurture the soil so that we can grow together.
5. It is important to us that our city is a place where our children can thrive.
We think you have these things to offer us and we are excited about the future. Let’s do great things together!